[QGIS-Developer] CRS troubles (QGIS 3.6.3, Proj 6.1.0)

Hernán De Angelis dhdeangelis at comhem.se
Fri Jun 14 10:26:42 PDT 2019

Hi QGIS developers

I am writing to this list in the hope of finding some clues about the
following problem. This has also been presented in the user list (*).

I have built 3.6.3 from source against proj 6.1.0 and GDAL 3.0.0. None
of which had any problems during build. Even Proj 6.1.0 test suite
passes perfectly. However, the newly built QGIS has troubles with the
CRS list in that a lot of the usual systems are either missing or have
changed names. For example, the usual EPSG:4326 is called IGNF:WGS84G.
Others are just plainly missing and those in my projects are replaced by
some "user defined" designation. There are also problems when trying to
display a WMS service since the CRS available at the service seem to go
unrecognized. This is regrettable since this turns QGIS large unusable
for me.

It might be interesting to note that both QGIS "make" and  "make
install" complain that

proj_create: crs not found

On the other hand, both GDAL and GRASS, that are dependent on Proj do
not seem to have any problems with Proj 6.1.0.

I have compiled many times, both 3.6.2. and 3.6.3 and I am having the
same problem everytime. I wonder if this is happening due to some local
problem in my installation (fresh openSUSE 15.1 install) or some glitch
due to recent changes in proj.

Is this a known issue?

Any hint will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance, and thanks for your efforts in developing this great
tool!

H.

(*) problem described in the QGIS user mailing list:

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2019-June/043302.html

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2019-June/043306.html