[QGIS-Developer] KMZ Embedded Ground Overlays to QGIS

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 07:50:46 PDT 2019

I am thinking about adding support for KML ground overlays in my KML Tools
plugin. The ground overlay specifies the latitude and longitude of each of
the 4 corners of the image being overlaid. I think that in order to make
this work I would need to extract the images from the KMZ file and come up
with the proper transformation to use with GDAL and create a GeoTIFF of
each file. The GeoTIFFs could then be loaded into QGIS

Do you have any suggestions on how to specify the transformation for GDAL?

Thanks,

Calvin