[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3.8 Transformations dialog

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Jun 27 00:40:26 PDT 2019

Hi,

Starting up a fresh 3.8 and loading a EPSG:28992 (our national crs)
layer I got a dialog questioning me which Transformation to use.

I wrote something down here:

http://www.qgis.nl/2019/06/27/english-proj-select-datum-transformations-for-epsg28992/?lang=en

Question to devs: what is the meaning of the 'green' item in this
dialog? Is it the old one? Or a default one?
Because reading the texts there, it appears that the last item is to be
used?

Question 2: IF somebody makes a mistake, how do you get this dialog back
to choose another one?

Cannot find something in docs or changelog about it (besides:
http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.8/#much-improved-coordinate-transform-handling)

Hoping that this question and writing this down in a blog will help
others too.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde