[QGIS-Developer] Labelling misplaced

Luís Miguel Royo Pérez luis.miguel.royo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 00:03:41 PST 2019

Hello everyone,

I'm developing a QGIS plugin along with PostGIS and I'm facing some
problems with labeling. This plugin creates several layers and tables. Some
of these layers are views  (labeling layers), so if I edit the one fo the
source layer the view changes and then the label. I explain more detailed:

I have the following:

   - One layer. Let's call it *layer1*.
   - One none spatial table. Let's call it *table1*.
   - One spatial view from these other two layers *layer1* and *table1*
   meant for labeling. Let's call it *labelView1*.

The point is this, when I edit *table1* adding a new element linked by a
foreign key with *layer1*. The label position in *labelView1* changes into
a messy thing. The Style of *labelView1 *is the following:

   - Symbol is a *geometry generator*. Since I want to create callouts from
   label to the geometry, wich is a point.
   - The position of the label is saved on project. In the qgd file.

I have seen this behaviour in Windows10 and in Ubuntu. The QGIS version is
3.4, but I tried to move to the new 3.10 version of QGIS, with the callouts
new feature, but is the same result.

As well I tried to reproduce it in a much simple way, but without succed,
that's why I want to share a link with a GIF file showing this issue:

https://gifyu.com/image/vMY7

I've done the same but without fixed position,and the labels don't move,
but the geometry_generator does.

Is this a bug? Is there any way to prevent it?

Thanks.
--
Luís Miguel Royo Pérez.
Analista-Programador GIS