[QGIS-Developer] Getting the values of other algorithms and parameters in processing's modeller

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon Nov 11 06:17:14 PST 2019

Hi All

I am trying to automate some tedious tasks of remapping fkey references for tables in a GeoPackage database from the related table’s id column to the related table’s uuid column.

I can do the process manually by opening the table, using field calculator and creating a new column ‘water_source_uuid’ with an expression like this:

attribute(
   get_feature( 'water_source_lookup', 'id', water_source_id), 'uuid’)

Now being a lazy bugger, I thought I would try to automate the process for the other columns and tables that need such treatment.

NowI thought I could write a little expression that pulls out the name of the layer defined by the user in “Data Table” and the name of the column defined by the user in  "Foreign Key Column” and then interpolate those values into my add column expression….

So my question is: is there any way to reference other inputs in a model from an expression?

Regards

Tim

—

Tim Sutton