[QGIS-Developer] Frozen PR fixing a regression

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Mon Oct 21 00:54:35 PDT 2019

Hi Sandro,

I am in a similar situation with https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/32252

>From the website [1]:

"Two weeks before the release a hard freeze is initiated, after which
only fixes to severe problems and regressions **introduced after the
feature freeze** are allowed in."

So my understanding is if it fixes a regression and that regression has
been introduced during the feature freeze, then it is ok to merge it
during the hard freeze. Otherwise, you will have to wait after the hard
freeze.

I am ok with that. But what about backporting to 3.4 ? Do we have to
wait after the hard freeze as well (and then skip a point release), or
is it ok to have bugfixes in 3.4 that are not yet in 3.10 due to hard
freeze ?

[1]
https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/roadmap.html#feature-freeze