[QGIS-Developer] Oracle tests in CI

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 13:43:09 PDT 2019

Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 11:23, Julien Cabieces <julien.cabieces at oslandia.com>
a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I propose a PR [0] to fix Oracle provider and its tests, and I would
> like to enable running these tests in travis CI like it's done for
> PostGis.

Cool!

> I succeed to build a Oracle 18c Express edition Docker image using Oracle
> specific instructions [1]. I would like to push this image in a Docker
> Hub (QGIS one?, an another one?) so it could be use from CI.

I'd be in favor to keep the Dockerfile under the git repo so there is no
diversion from the different branches we have the tests running on Travis.
Otherwise, you'd have to push the Dockerfile per branch (similarly than
what we do for qgis3-buill-deps)

> According to this license agreement [2], it looks like this is legally OK:
> "We grant you a nonexclusive, nontransferable limited license to use the
> programs for: (a) purposes of developing, prototyping and running your
> applications for your own internal data processing operations;"
>
> Do I have a good understanding of the license agreement? Do you see any
> reason to not enable Oracle tests in our CI?
>
> To be complete, it would be probably necessary to copy QGIS Oracle
> database files somewhere (like it's done for ccache) to be used at run
> time in order to skip Oracle database initialisation. It's quite long
> (around 5
> minutes) and would slow down the CI.

The ccache files are kepts in Travis cache.
I guess you can fire up your Oracle database when tests are started (or
even before QGIS is built) and there would be enough time for it to init.

Thanks for looking into this.

Denis