[QGIS-Developer] Error trying to import linear_model from sklearn in Qgis

Akbar Gumbira akbargumbira at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 00:39:40 PDT 2019

Even though it works fine on my local (QGIS 3.8.3, Mac, Python 3.7, sklearn
0.21.3), I often encountered that error, most of the time related to floats
operation (e.g np.float32 not JSON serializable)

Python Console

Use iface to access QGIS API interface or Type help(iface) for more info

Security warning: typing commands from an untrusted source can lead to data
> loss and/or leak

>> from sklearn import linear_model

>> import numpy as np

>> X = np.random.randint(10, size=(10, 2))

>> Y = np.random.rand(10, 1)

>> X.shape, Y.shape

((10, 2), (10, 1))

>> reg = linear_model.LinearRegression().fit(X, Y)

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 12:30 AM Xavier Corredor Llano <
xavier.corredor.llano at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I don't know if this is a bug in Qgis or it happens only to me.
>
> The linear_model from sklearn works perfectly outside Qgis, but when I try
> to import that library inside python shell in Qgis it's not possible:
>
> To reproduce the error is just when you import the library like this:
> from sklearn import linear_model
>
> The error:
> RecursionError: maximum recursion depth exceeded
>
> Does anyone have the same problem? any ideas?
>
> (using Qgis 3.8.3, sklearn 0.21.3, python 3.7.4 and Archlinux)
>
> Xavier

*Akbar Gumbira *
*www.akbargumbira.com <http://www.akbargumbira.com>*