[QGIS-Developer] Qt 6 plans

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Sep 3 07:21:38 PDT 2019

Hi Denis, Nyall, others,

On 03/09/19 15:27, Denis Rouzaud wrote:

> One major topic is to decide wether we stick to PyQt6 or if we look
> towards PySide2. This is for sure not a trivial discussion, and cannot
> be decided without a deeper look and understanding.
>
> But before going into technical details, I think that we anticipate as
> much as we can and ideally have this handled by a dedicated group who
> could propose and defend an action plan and timeline. What PSC thinks
> about this? Do you have any plan already?

thanks for looking into this. It is good and IMHO reassuring for the
users that we are looking ahead.
no plans have been laid out, you're free to put forward your suggestions.
PyQt has often been a PITA, I believe alternatives should be researched
carefully.
Cheers.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu