[QGIS-Developer] Nightly build will not open

Steve Lowman slowman at buccleuch.com
Fri Sep 6 06:56:59 PDT 2019

Hi
After upgrading my local installation in W10, attempting to open qgis-dev-bin-gPress.exe to do some bug testing, the application fails to open, and I get the error "Could not load qgis_app.dll" because "The specified module could not be found", and the advice to "Check C:\OSGeo4W64\bin\qgis-dev-bin-gPress.env for correct environment paths".
I have had similar issues before after upgrading, and I have previously managed to fix it manually, but so far not this time.
C:\OSGeo4W64\bin\qgis-dev-bin-gPress.env did not exist. The closest thing was C:\OSGeo4W64\bin\qgis-bin-g7.env. So, I edited the text of that one, replacing instances of "apps\qgis" with "apps\qgis-dev", including in the top line, "PATH=C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\qgis-dev\bin", because there is a qgis_app.dll file in the OSGeo4W64\apps\qgis\bin folder, and then I saved that with the new file name qgis-dev-bin-gPress.env.
This did not work, so I tried re-installing all the desktop applications in the OSGeo4W64 installer, but still get the same error.
I suppose the "PATH=C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\qgis-dev\bin" statement in the .env folder is not actually setting a PATH variable. I'm not sure what it is doing, really - just describing what should be in the PATH maybe? If so, my edit and saving the qgis-dev-bin-gPress.env file will make no difference to anything.
I have tried a few other things, like putting a line, "path %PATH%;%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\qgis-dev\bin" into a .bat that ends by starting qgis-dev-bin-gPress.exe - does that line set the PATH variable? Anyway, it didn't work - same error message.
Any ideas please?
Thanks
Steve

Steve Lowman
GIS Technician

Buccleuch, Estate Office, Bowhill, Selkirk, TD7 4LR

T: 01750 23759

[Full colour (CMYK) Buccleuch logo]

www.buccleuch.com<http://www.buccleuch.com>

This email was scanned by Bitdefender

This e-mail is sent on behalf of The MDS Estates Limited or one of its subsidiary companies. The MDS Estates Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 09221483. The registered office of The MDS Estates Limited is Buccleuch Property Estate Office, Weekley, Kettering, Northamptonshire NN16 9UP. A full list of subsidiary companies can be provided on request.

This e-mail and any attachments may contain privileged / confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender and delete this message immediately. Any views or other information in this message that do not relate to our business are not authorised by us.

Whilst The MDS Estates Limited. takes every effort to ensure this message is virus free it cannot guarantee that this is the case. It is the recipients responsibility to carry out such virus checks as it deems necessary. The MDS Estates Limited. cannot accept any responsibility in this regard.