[QGIS-Developer] using conda for development

Ari Meyer ari.meyer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 23:12:19 PDT 2020

Yes, Greg, it would be interesting to know if this resulted in many actual
incompatibilities or QGIS has managed to just be lucky.  Even if there are
no API changes, implementation changes can certainly result in
regressions.  I'm not sure what percentage of open-source projects still
follow a ">= version X" policy for dependencies.  In the Java world, I
haven't seen many specify Maven or Gradle dependencies like that (or even
range-bound versioning), although they can.  The general policy that I've
seen is to always specify precise dependency versions.