[QGIS-Developer] DB-manager and large query results (for time manager)

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 03:16:16 PDT 2020

Hi Raymond,

> The data sources are these:
>
> https://geodata.rivm.nl/covid-19/COVID-19_aantallen_gemeente_cumulatief.csv3
>
> https://geodata.nationaalgeoregister.nl/wijkenbuurten2019/wfs?service=WFS2
> (layer: gemeenten2019)
>

> and the query:
>
> select c.*, g.geom, g.inwoners
> from covid19 as c
> join gemeenten_bewerkt as g
> on c.municipality_code=g.code;

I was able to successfully run the query (with the data on PostgreSQL)
on both DBeaver and DB Manager.

> I'm not used to the DB-manager as I prefer writing queries in DBeaver
> for creating new tables or views. When they seem right I open them in
> QGIS. DB-manager always feels a bit like a black box in between the DB
> and QGIS.

I do not feel the same, actually DB Manager is/should be the perfect
tool to interact with DBs. Unfortunately there are quite some
issues... for example I noticed that long running queries should be
stoppable but actually they are not.

cheers!

-- G --