[QGIS-Developer] What about AsincPg?

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon Aug 31 00:35:31 PDT 2020

Hi Carlo

In what context are you proposing this? We do not use python for the
Postgres provider, but rather C++. If you are experiencing slowness using
QGIS to connect to postgres it may well be your local configuration rather
than postgresql. You would need to share a bit more detail before someone
can help you resolve it though.

Regards

Tim

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 8:33 AM Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.) <
carlo.bertelli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe AsyncPg (https://github.com/MagicStack/asyncpg) could be the answer
> for the slow pace of psycopg.
> What do you think?
> Using database introspection that was introduced since version 9.2,
> AsincPg is not compatible with version 8.4 that is still widely used, but
> declared speed gains seem worth trying.

> Carlo A. Bertelli
>    Charta servizi e sistemi per il territorio e la storia ambientale srl
>           Dipendenze del palazzo Doria,
>           vc. alla Chiesa della Maddalena 9/2 16124      Genova (Italy)
>           tel./fax +39(0)10 2475439  +39 0108566195  mobile:+39 393 1590711
>    e-mail: bertelli at chartasrl.eu      http://www.chartasrl.eu

Tim Sutton
 * Desktop GIS programming services
 * Geospatial web development