[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Unix Executable Help

Green, James Mitchell - green3jm green3jm at dukes.jmu.edu
Sat Feb 1 10:43:44 PST 2020

Hello,

I am working on a python plugin that produces an output to standard out on Mac OS X. When I try and directly run the QGIS unix executable from the terminal (/QGIS3.4/Contents/MacOs/QGIS ), I receive an error:

Warning: QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action
Warning: QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action
Warning: QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action
ERROR 4: Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv.  Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the directory containing EPSG csv files.
ERROR 4: Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv.  Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the directory containing EPSG csv files.
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Fatal Python error: initfsencoding: unable to load the file system codec
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'

Abort trap: 6

Any suggestions helping me out? Thank you!

Regards,

Mitchell G.