[QGIS-Developer] Please help with the changelog for 3.12

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 14:37:10 PST 2020

On Sun, 2 Feb 2020 at 08:10, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> QGIS 3.12 will be released in 19 days and our changelog needs a lot of love before that. If you are able to, please spend some time documenting new features and key improvements in the changelog.
>
> https://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.12/

Thanks for the heads-up Tim!

I'm really busy over the next fortnight, so doubt I'll get time to do
the initial git->changelog population (which has been done since QGIS
2.10 or something). Before the entries get populated in depth, we need
a volunteer to trawl through the git changelog from the time of 3.12
branch up to feature freeze and copy all the commits which add
changelog worthy changes to the changelog. It can be just a direct
copy-and-paste, leaving the cleanup for others to do later.

This needs to be done first, so that we can condense similar entries
into one and define the general outline of the changelog **before** we
start adding screenshots and nice text.

Any volunteers?

Nyall