[QGIS-Developer] SIP 5?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Feb 4 18:45:11 PST 2020

I just ran into a configuration problem with SIP 5 (updating my system).  cmake is failing to find PyQt5 with SIP 5 - it can't import sipconfig.

Looking at FindPyQt5.py, I see that it first tries importing PyQt5.pyqtconfig.  This doesn't appear to be a normal part of Pyqt5.  The only pyqtconfig module I found hasn't been updated in 4 years, and when I tried putting it inside PyQt5, I got an error that PyQt5.pyqyconfig has no attribute Configuration, so I presume it's a completely different pyqyconfig than QGIS wants.

When pyqtconfig fails (not found or error), it tries importing sipconfig.  Right there in the code a comment says this won't work for SIP 5, and indeed it fails, because sip 5 does not include sipconfig.

So, catch 22.  Does QGIS support SIP 5?  Install doc says >= 4.12, nothing about < 5.

-----
William Kyngesburye
<kyngchaos at kyngchaos.com>
<http://www.kyngchaos.com>