[QGIS-Developer] Q-without-GIS

Etienne Trimaille etienne.trimaille at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 05:36:50 PST 2020

In my previous jobs, I got the use case where I wanted to use QGIS without
maps ...
It was a Postgresql database and I needed a application to do some CRUD on
the database, in an easy way.
QGIS does plenty of things like:
- forms
- attribute table
- conditional formatting in the attribute table
- dataplotly
- layout/reports
which are indeed very nice. It looks a little bit weird to open QGIS to
open a non-spatial project :)

I didn't find any good software to replace QGIS. (maybe I was biased too)
I tried to build one quickly a few months ago for editing a single
postgresql table (with conditional formatting and forms), but I didn't go
far:
https://github.com/Gustry/qgis_standalone_application