[QGIS-Developer] Environmental policy

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Thu Jan 16 03:44:44 PST 2020

Hi Paolo,

Good point! Or many good points actually.

For both the environment and inclusiveness we could think about having a
more decentralized approach for the contributor meetings. Since most
developers are living in Europe, meetings are in Europe, which attracts
more European developers etc. That loop needs a *break*. And of course
the pollution of traveling is there, especially from attendees living
far away.

So I was thinking of a 3-day 24/7 hackfest. From several, somehow
digitally interconnected, places.

Would miss all the hugging though! :'(

Cheers,
Raymond