[QGIS-Developer] Can't get "qgis_global_settings.ini" working with QGIS 3.10 LTR

François francois+qgis at kubler.org
Wed Jul 1 03:17:55 PDT 2020

Hi,

Thanks Nyall for your answer.

I guess I’ll go on with QGIS3.14 then.

Another thing I noticed while testing and that doesn’t seem to work as expected is putting the qgis_global_settings.ini file in « QGIS_installation_path/resources/qgis_global_settings.ini » :

  - (For macOS, it should read « QGIS_installation_path/Resources/qgis_global_settings.ini ») ;
  - It does not work with QGIS 3.10 (but according to https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/qgis_configuration.html#deploying-qgis-within-an-organization, it should, starting from QGIS 3.4) ;
  - It does work with QGIS 3.14.

So I think it might be a good idea to either backport the fixes or edit the 3.4 and 3.10 documentation. It could save some people a few hours of hair-pulling :o)

Thanks again,

--
François