[QGIS-Developer] Qgis 3.20 x Windows 7

Fri Aug 6 13:42:46 PDT 2021

Hi Jorge,

QGIS Windows installers use now Python 3.9 as stated in
https://qgis.org/fr/site/forusers/download.html
Also, as stated in the same link when clicking on Windows.

*    CAUTION:* Windows 7 no longer works as we are now using Python 3.9,
which dropped support for it.

That explains why QGIS 3.20 does not work as expected on Windows 7. Use
"old OSGeo4W" installers to install QGIS 3.16 with older Python version as
QGIS 3.20 is only available with new installer and a Python version
incompatible with Windows 7.

Regards

Thomas