[QGIS-Developer] Solving GCC error Qunused-arguments

Alexis R.L. alroyliz0 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 10:20:10 PST 2021

Greetings Everyone,

I would like to know if anyone had the following error:
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-Qunused-arguments'
And how to solve it.

I'm using QtCreator 4.14 in a fresh Lubuntu install to Impish.

I noticed that hose flags should be defined in the cmakefile but somehow
this error occurs when dealing with the NMEA files.

I am unsure about the inner working of the cmakefiles and the compiling
step, I tried using gcc and clang as my c and c++ compilers and with clang
13 for the two but that didn't solve it.

Is it just a matter of reordering the steps, modifying the name files or
doing something else to sort this out?

Thanks and have nice holidays/saturnalia.

Alex