[QGIS-Developer] [ui] blue != blue

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Wed Feb 3 06:59:45 PST 2021

>From what I can see, the SAP HANA icon is "close enough" in colour scheme
to the existing ones, as I checked the colours for the hana icon against
the postgres one in inkscape and got these results:

Postgis
Fill: #6e97c4ff
Stroke: #476280ff

Hana:
Fill: #6e97c4ff
Stroke: #425a75ff

The design isn't too off-putting, but I feel like there are issues with it:

1) The "bits" around the central chip are not visible against a dark
background, so it's not a "good" design.
2) The generic computer component doesn't seem ideal. It's differentiated
enough from existing providers to be useful, but it's generic enough that
it should be used for some other button or component, not tied to a
"branded" database.

I would personally like to see it using the "SAP" logo, to make a "DB2"
looking replacement, but it might not be ok with their corporate branding
terms. I can't think of a great replacement off the top of my head though.

The point cloud one I feel is pretty jarring and way off. I've attached an
svg of what I think it should look like.