[QGIS-Developer] Not seeing geometry name in browser for gpkg (gdal issue?)

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Feb 5 02:09:30 PST 2021

Hi Devs,

Opening a Geopackage node in the browser (OR looking at the 'attributes' tab in the layer props), you can indeed see all attributes and types...

But I miss the name/ype of the geometry column...

When I open the same dataset in a Postgis node, the 'geom' column is shown in the attribute table (WITH it's type).

Off course for older formats like shapefiles, the geom columns did not have a name...
Mmm, now I see that ogrinfo also does not show it (for gpkg's..).

BUT: the Info tab in DB Manager DOES show it...

Especially for gpkg where you can work with (spatial) queries, knowing the name is helpful.

Is this something easily added for gpkg? Or is it not there because of some technical issue?

Create FeatureRequest?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde