[QGIS-Developer] PyQGIS problem with QWebEngineView / QtDesigner Crash with QWebEngineView

Roberto Benet rbenet71 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 00:28:21 PST 2021

I have QGIS 3.16.3-Hannover installed with Qt 5.11.2 and 64-bit Windows 10.
In two more computers I also have it installed in similar conditions.

I am using the PyQGIS to stand-alone applications from QGIS and I think
there is something that is not working well within PyQGIS because I cannot
use the QWebEngineView and the QWebKit yes.

The symptoms I have are:

1.- If in the QtDesigner that is installed with QGIS, I add the
QWebEngineView widget in the design, the program directly crash and stops
running.

2.- If in a stand-alone application I start a QWebEngineView it gives me an
error:

Code:

    from qgis.PyQt.QtWidgets import QWidget, QApplication, QMainWindow,
QFileDialog

    from PyQt5.QtWebEngineWidgets import QWebEngineView

    import sys

    class temp (QWebEngineView):

        def __init __ (self):

            super () .__ init __ ()

    if __name__ == '__main__':

        # We create the instance of the created class and show the window on
the screen

        app = QApplication (sys.argv)

        win = temp ()

        win.show ()

        sys.exit (app.exec_ ())

and the error it gives is:

```

Qt WebEngine ICU data not found at C: /OSGeo4W64/apps/Qt5/resources.Trying
parent directory ...

Qt WebEngine ICU data not found at C: / OSGeo4W64 / apps / Qt5. Trying
application directory ...

Qt WebEngine ICU data not found at C: / OSGeo4W64 / apps / Python37. Trying
fallback directory ... The application MAY NOT work. Installed

Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location C: / OSGeo4W64 / apps /
Qt5 / translationss \ qtwebengine_locales. Trying application directory ...

Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location C: / OSGeo4W64 / apps /
Python37 \ qtwebengine_locales. Trying fallback directory ... Translations
MAY NOT not be correct.

[0205 / 214808.373: ERROR: icu_util.cc (179)] Invalid file descriptor to

ICU data received. [0205 / 214808.491: FATAL: icu_util.cc (311)] Check
failed: result. Backtrace:

``

I have looked at this link:

https://issues.qgis.org/issues/18155

3 years ago it seems that this error could not be solved ...

Then with this other:

https://forum.qt.io/topic/70457/qt-5-7-qtwebenginewidgets-not-working-on-lin
ux/3

It seems that the following folders are missing, among others, that I do not
have in my installation: resources, qtwebengine_locales, ...

I have uninstalled the qwebengine with the OsGeo4W setup. And then I have
reinstalled it.

I have seen that QGis uses version 5.10.1, I have tried to install it
through pip install, but it tells me that there is only the version from
5.12.

I think it must be that the QWebEngineView is not installed correctly with
QGIS. Because if that works if I use it with the installation of python38 or
python39.

--
Este correo electrónico ha sido comprobado en busca de virus por AVG.
http://www.avg.com