[QGIS-Developer] Not seeing geometry name in browser for gpkg (gdal issue?)

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Feb 8 00:19:12 PST 2021

On 2/8/21 12:24 AM, Nyall Dawson wrote:

>> Or is it not there because of some technical issue?
>
> It's probably because geopackage has a built in limitation of a single
> geometry column only, as opposed to postgis/spatialite etc which can
> expose multiple geometry columns.

Yes, but you can name it whatever you want, AND you need to know the name to be able to do (spatial) queries to it.

>>> Is this something easily added for gpkg?
>
> Probably it's been deliberately removed because of the above reason
> and it's just a matter of removing/disabling the expection which is in
> place for gpkg...

I'll have a look when I have time.

The strange thing to me is why we expose/show it in dbmanager and not in the browser. (responding to a windows user earlier and seeing this one: https://issues.qgis.org/issues/18260 it could be related...?)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde