[QGIS-Developer] QGIS WMS provider firing too many requests !?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Feb 13 10:45:15 PST 2021

Hi Richard,

Yes I've noticed this also, I just never spent time to examine why.  For
example, using my own WMS service I zoomed in and QGIS fired 11 GetMap
requests to my server.  It's difficult to trigger though (I can't
reproduce with your NL service).  Bizarre.  But I have definitely seen
9+ GetMap requests for the same service/layer.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: MapServer Consulting and Training Services