[QGIS-Developer] QGIS WMS provider firing too many requests !?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Feb 13 12:08:43 PST 2021

On 2/13/21 8:01 PM, pathmapper wrote:
> here's a related thread (i.e. xyz tiles, but I guess it's also valid vor wms):
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/34813
>
> Some quotes:
> "QGIS renders the surrounding areas in a background job to make subsequent pan actions faster. Therefore it sends more tile requests than necessary for the current map extent."
>
> "Btw, we now have the code in place to fine-tune prefetching behavior for all raster layers on a per-layer basis, for now I just blacklisted osm tiles."
>
> It sounds like the plan is to make the prefetching behavior configurable via QGIS settings.

Mmm, thanks. Looking into the code it looks indeed like a WMS is in logic trying to behave like a WMSC, but... next request all is forgotten... That is my conclusion, not very much comments in the code in that area for others to try to understand the pretty complex logic (about WMS, WMTS, Temporal, WMSC etc...) :-(

Anybody really into this, who can shine some light on this?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde