[QGIS-Developer] Issue with QGIS 3.16.2 standalone and GRASS 7.8.4

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Mon Jan 11 08:57:22 PST 2021

Martin Pergler wrote
> However, as far as I can tell, the OSGeo4W component installer seems to
> only
> know about 3.16.2*-1* and 3.10.13*-1*, though it does also install GRASS
> 7.8.5.
>
> Therefore a seemingly up-to-date OSGeo4W install of QGIS + GRASS continues
> to fail to load GRASS.

Hi Martin,
are you referring to the "OSGeo4W Network Installer"?

The "Standalone Installer" contains a snapshot of the OSGeo4W Network
Installer packages,

There is now a *-2 version of the standalone installer because the *-1
version contained GRASS 7.8.4 but the dependency packages for GRASS 7.8.5
[1] so there were two missing packages.

Anyway, after double checking that GRASS 7.8.5 is installed and that you
launch QGIS using the shortcut named "QGIS Desktop 3.16.2 with GRASS 7.8.5",
you could also file an issue report on https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/

Is any error listed in any tab of the Log Meggages panel?

Regards.

Andrea

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/655#comment:1

--