[QGIS-Developer] Issue with QGIS 3.16.2 standalone and GRASS 7.8.4

Martin Pergler pergler at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 13:56:50 PST 2021

Myriam63 wrote
> Hi all
>
> I installed the version of QGIS with
> QGIS-OSGeo4W-3.16.2-2-Setup-x86_64.exe,
> but the versions that were installed are 3.16.2-1 (not 3.16.2-2) for QGIS
> and 7.8.5-1 for GRASS, checked with OSGeo4W Setup.
> When i use QGIS with "QGIS Desktop 3.16.2 with GRASS 7.8.4" link, i get
> the
> following error message:
> 2020-12-24T14:15:50     WARNING    GRASS init error : Problem in GRASS
> initialization, GRASS provider and plugin will not work : Module built
> against version d8fbd49af but trying to use version 2b6ab2893. You need to
> rebuild GRASS GIS or untangle multiple installations.
> and I cannot use GRASS7 extension.
>
> Someone can help me ?
> Thank you so much.
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html

>From Andrea's reponse to my email upstream on this, my hypothesis is that
the Windows QGIS standalone installer on the QGIS website installs 3.16.2-2,
and works with GRASS.

However, the OSGeo4W component installer (whatever it is properly called,
where you choose which OSGeo packages are to be installed and can update
not work under QGIS.

However, I have not had time to test this since Andrea's email, and so I may
be wrong. But your (Myriam's) experience in addition to mine would support
it.

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html