[QGIS-Developer] Issue with QGIS 3.16.2 standalone and GRASS 7.8.4

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Tue Jan 12 23:36:00 PST 2021

Myriam63 wrote
> I installed the version of QGIS with
> QGIS-OSGeo4W-3.16.2-2-Setup-x86_64.exe,
> but the versions that were installed are 3.16.2-1 (not 3.16.2-2) for QGIS
> and 7.8.5-1 for GRASS, checked with OSGeo4W Setup.

Hi Myriam,
the numbering of the standalone installer and the numbering of single
packages could follow different path. A second version of the installer was
needed just to update the grass package, not the qgis package.

Myriam63 wrote
> When i use QGIS with "QGIS Desktop 3.16.2 with GRASS 7.8.4" link, i get
> the
> following error message:
> 2020-12-24T14:15:50     WARNING    GRASS init error : Problem in GRASS
> initialization, GRASS provider and plugin will not work : Module built
> against version d8fbd49af but trying to use version 2b6ab2893. You need to
> rebuild GRASS GIS or untangle multiple installations.

With the *-1 version of the standalone installer, GRASS 7.8.4 was installed,
but it was not possible to directly use GRASS nor to use any GRASS
processing tool in QGIS due to missing gdal300dll and proj62dll packages
installation.

Now, the *.2 version of the standalone installer ships GRASS 7.8.5 (that
don't need grass300dll and proj63dll packages installation) and it is
possible to directly use GRASS and to use the GRASS processing tools in
QGIS.
Anyway you hit another bug: it's not possible now to use the "GRASS 7
plugin" in QGIS. I didn't notice it because I don't usually use the "GRASS 7
plugin".

I filed a ticket in the OSGeo4W issues reporting system:
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/657

To workaround the issue, waiting for Jürgen E. Fischer to fix also this bug,
you could use OSGeo4W Setup to downgrade the grass package from 7.8.5-1 to
7.8.4-1 and also install the gdal300dll and proj62dll packages.

Regards.

Andrea

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html