[QGIS-Developer] Qt LTS no longer Open Source

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed Jan 13 05:29:31 PST 2021

Hi

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 7:28 PM Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV <
Luke.A.Catania at erdc.dren.mil> wrote:

> So what does LTS mean as far as new versions.  I know it means Long Term
> Support, but does this mean no versions above 5.15 will be developed or
> just no long term support versions.
>
> I am running QGIS 3.14.16 which is using running against Qt 5.11.2
>
> I want to be able to inform management if this is going to affect
> future QGIS upgrades.

In reality as an end-user, I don't think you will experience any impact.
There may be some internal work for ourselves to figure out which version
of Qt to align our work to, but that should not affect you or your
organisation.

Regards

Tim

Tim Sutton