[QGIS-Developer] Layer Temporal Settings

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Jan 21 03:50:08 PST 2021

On 1/21/21 11:00 AM, steve at nexusnine.co.uk wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> I have been using QGIS for some time now or generating reports and visualising data and was mostly using the ‘TimeManager’ plugin in Version 3.10(LTR) to animate some GPS data derived from UAVS.  I am now looking to utilise the Temporal settings in version 3.16.3 in a similar way, but I do not seem to be able to display the time stamp for each frame.  This is a functionality that Time manager offered, but seems to be missing from the Temporal settings, unless I have missed something?

Hi Steve,

This is not standard in the Temporal controller anymore, BUT: please have a look at this (super super cool) demo from Nyall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgDg5cRwPRw

In which he shows of possibilities to use other standard QGIS functionality to have it.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

PS if somebody creates a simple blog post about this small question I will also link to that next time :-)