[QGIS-Developer] Raster with CC-0 license

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Thu Jan 28 04:07:43 PST 2021

Ah that is super thanks for sharing. For those testing out point clouds in
3.18 / master there is a nice collection of lidar data that can be obtained
there too!

Thanks for sharing!

Regards

Tim

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 12:25 AM David Strip <qgis-dev at stripfamily.net>
wrote:

> On 1/27/2021 4:29 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:
>
> Good to know! Could you link us to some nice examples?
>
> The starting point for United States Geological Survey (USGS) data is "The
> National Map" <https://viewer.nationalmap.gov/basic/#/>. I find the
> interface less than intuitive, but maybe that's just me. You can find USGS
> topos at various scales (24K, 100K), as well as the raw data that underlies
> the topos (eg, contour lines, roads, buildings, etc). You can also find
> DEMs, LIDAR, hydrologic data, etc) and aerial imagery (NAIP).
>
> As noted by Greg, by law products of the US Government cannot be
> copyrighted and are this in the public domain.

​

Tim Sutton
 * Desktop GIS programming services
 * Geospatial web development