[QGIS-Developer] QGIS commercial organisations: PLEASE invest in time for pull request reviews

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 17:12:25 PDT 2021

Hi all,

Sorry to keep banging on about this same topic, but the situation is
dire once again with tons of pull requests waiting in the queue for
review and a desperate need for more experienced developers helping
out and fixing the horrendous turn around time for PR review.

Case in point: Right now we're seeing an issue with a hang on start in
QGIS 3.20.1. This is frankly a horrible issue, made even worse by the
fact that there's been a PR sitting in the queue fixing this very
issue waiting on action for weeks (the fix required changes before it
could be backported to 3.20, and no action was taken on this front
till I came back from leave this week and took over the changes). So
now our users are experiencing this horrible QGIS breaking issue....
and yet the PR queue is still being ignored by the organisations who
are employing the only people with the power to fix this.

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you are in charge of a company offering
QGIS development services I plead with you to set aside some regular
time for your employees experienced in QGIS code to review and
maintain the pull request queue.

Nyall