[QGIS-Developer] PYQGIS - OpenGL in QgsPluginLayer

Eric Younkin - NOAA Federal eric.g.younkin at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 3 06:47:29 PST 2021

Hello,

Looking for some advice.  We have a need to use OpenGL to draw the
symbology associated with some vector data.  All of our code uses OpenGL
1.x.  I was thinking we could use the QOpenGLWidget and the QgsPluginLayer
to add our OpenGL rendered symbology to a QgsMapCanvas as a new layer.

Is this possible?  Is there an example anyone knows of that is kind of
similar to this idea?  Or is there a better way to approach this problem?

Thanks,
Eric

--
Eric Younkin