[QGIS-Developer] QGIS and privacy

Totò pigrecoinfinito at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 13:35:22 PDT 2021

The problem is that many users don't know that by sharing a project file they
share some personal data. LibreOffice lets the user decide.
The main point is that the average user is not aware of all this, saving a
project there is no message that warns me of what is happening, and the
variables are reachable only in the advanced settings and are not within
everyone's reach. . . .

A user must be able to choose consciously and not have imposed a choice on
the part of others.

An example: the @project_author variables will always contain the name of
the author of the project and not everyone is aware of it;
@user_full_name contains the name of the user who is using the project and
if I used both variables as a copyright decoration and shared a screenshot,
I could unknowingly share data even from people other than the author of the
project.

In my opinion the user must be aware and the only way is to change the
current default value of the "projects \
anonymize_new_projects "e
"projects \ anonymize_saved_projects"

sorry my english

saluti