[QGIS-Developer] GSoC 2021 QGIS On-the-fly Raster Calculator discussion

Francesco Bursi francesco.bursi at hotmail.it
Tue Mar 23 15:23:26 PDT 2021

Hello QGIS Dev,

I’m Francesco Bursi, an M.Sc. civil engineer from Italy currently enrolled in a Master of Advanced Studies (Level 8 EQF) in giscience and geoinformatics at the University of Padua. Through this postgraduate course I’m doing an internship in Gter S.r.l.

I’m really interested to take part to the GSoC 2021 and learning more about the development of QGIS. I would like to work on the first idea that has been proposed.

I have to say in advance that I’m not proficient in C++ in particular, but I’m really eager to learn it (I’d love to). On the other side I’m proficient in pyhton, I know javascript, html and css, and I’m also proficient in SQL.

I was and I am an enthusiast QGIS user, I’m currently working with Lizmap (I’m writing some js script to customize my maps), QGIS and PostgreSQL/Postgis db; I would like to contribute to the QGIS project and being part of the developer community.

I would like to know if I’m eligible for this project and if I can share with you the python script that I wrote as a test as you suggested in the last point of the “Project Ideas”: https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2021-Ideas

P.s. I’d like to mention that Roberto Marzocchi, the CTO of the company in which I’m doing the internship -Gter Srl-, is available as a co-co-mentor if it’s possible. I mean that Gter srl can give me “operative and logistic” help if needed. Roberto worked in the development of some plugins for QGIS and he’s, of course, involved in a lot of project in the “gis/webgis world”, he never worked on QGIS core.

Best regards and thank you in advance,

Francesco Bursi