[QGIS-Developer] QGIS and privacy

jrmorreale_ml at enoreth.net jrmorreale_ml at enoreth.net
Wed Mar 24 00:16:44 PDT 2021

Le Mardi, Mars 23, 2021 23:19 CET, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> a écrit:
> I would propose that this situation could be handled by a new
> first-run configuration wizard. I.e. if QGIS has never been used on
> the machine, the user gets a welcome wizard and one of the questions
> asked is "should projects be anonymized".
>
> The tricky bit is that corporate users would need a way to disable the
> configuration wizard in their setups, or at least disable parts of it,
> as they may have corporate policies which eg require all users data to
> be stored in the projects they make...

Nop, the trickiest part is to have a configuration policy beyond the basic IT packaging.  I'm using these variables mainly to work with oracle and other in-house apps where things like the user_account_name are central, I would dread to have a week long fix event after our users would have (rightfully from their point of view) checked this box.