[QGIS-Developer] GRASS add-on: r.shalstab

Maryn Sanders marynsanders at berkeley.edu
Mon May 10 12:41:21 PDT 2021

To whom it may concern,

I think it would be quite beneficial to add the GRASS add-on r.shalstab to
the QGIS processing list. Both outputs, the slope stability raster and the
critical rainfall raster, would be very useful additions to QGIS in order
to provide a simple and accessible place to run a slope stability model.

The model <http://calm.geo.berkeley.edu/geomorph/shalstab/index.htm> used
to be available from the makers of SHALSTAB in an ARC viewer form; however,
it's no longer usable. It is now available through GRASS and SAGA, yet
those applications are not as user-friendly and centralized at QGIS. If
converted to a QGIS form, it would make running it much easier and boost
accessibility.

All the best,
Maryn

ps--I hope this is the right place to submit this request... my apologies
if this is the wrong email list or lacking detail!

--
Maryn Sanders (she/hers)
Geophysics BA, UC Berkeley '20