[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] Developer support channels

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Oct 2 06:34:42 PDT 2021

On 10/2/21 1:02 PM, Anita Graser wrote:

> Do you have an overview of matrix activities?
>
> https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/support.html says "point your browser to (https://matrix.to/#qgis:osgeo.org <https://matrix.to/#qgis:osgeo.org>)" which is an invalid link.

Mmm, ok that url (that I created) is apparently now broken: Apparently that should now be:

https://matrix.to/#/!qgis:osgeo.org (fixed in website)

> https://app.element.io/#/room/#qgis:osgeo.org says "QGIS.org QGIS Official Matrix room | bridged to IRC and Gitter" but it does not bridge to Gitter.

> Instead, https://app.element.io/#/room/#qgis_QGIS:gitter.im is the one that does bridge to Gitter but has pretty much no traffic.
>
> Looks like some consolidation might be helpful but I'm not sure how / if that is possible.

I did not set up those (I think, at least I'm not an Admin there)... I think strk or Tim did?

But indeed it would be nice to set up 1 'official' room which is bridged to irc or gitter.
To be honest the Matrix system with aliasses etc is not fully clear to me either...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde