[QGIS-Developer] Algorithms in python

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 00:51:05 PDT 2021

I'm writing to support this viewpoint.

I use the XYZ tiles functions in the processing toolbox quite
extensively and am aware of certain issues in them.

I understood these were written originally in Python as old versions of
them as such can be found on Github.

Somewhere down the track it is likely I would either start looking at
these issues and how to correct them, the alternative is to switch to a
different rendering platform.

I will not be interested in doing this if it cannot be done in Python as
the differences between the Python development environment and the C one
are massive.