[QGIS-Developer] Pay for Bugfixes?

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 02:39:09 PDT 2021

Hi Jochen,

you can find a list of QGIS professionals here:
https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/commercial_support.html#core-contributors

The core contributors section lists companies/consultants which have done
QGIS development in the past and are known active QGIS community members.

If you want to know who have been the most active developers in the last
(say) 5 years you can have a look to
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/graphs/contributors?from=2016-12-18&to=2021-09-10&type=c

You can adjust the time range of course.

The best approach is probably to contact the individual developers or
companies but also dropping an email here can work.

Kind regards.

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 11:25 AM Jochen Schwarze <
jochen.schwarze at live.unigis.net> wrote:

> Dear developer community,
>
> On behalf of the German QGIS Usergroup (QGIS-DE e.V.), I am addressing
> this developer list to inquire whether it is possible to find developers in
> this way who can do bug fixes (or work on feature requests rsp.) for a fee.
> Possibly a forum can be established in this way to award such and similar
> contracts.
>
> As a kind of test, we think of eliminating the bugs in the context of the
> legend panel / symbol size (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/39681,
> related: https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/33755,
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/39777,
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/36037,
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/29119 as well as
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/27182). In the case of such an order
> coming out, all this would have to be more specifically described in a
> proposal.
>
> Are there resources for such an approach and is this list the right place
> for our concerns at all? If not, what could be a more suitable platform?
>
> Thank you in advance, best regards,
>
> Jochen Schwarze

Alessandro Pasotti
QCooperative:  www.qcooperative.net