[QGIS-Developer] Interaction API?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Sep 10 05:15:47 PDT 2021

On 9/9/21 3:33 PM, G. Allegri wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> I guess you mean QGIS Desktop, right? AFAIK the only option is to use its Python API, which requires all the PyQGIS <https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/index.html> and binary libs to be available inside the environment.

Just curious: but would it be possible to 'attach' your script to a running/visible instance of QGIS?

From: https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/intro.html#python-applications

So: I start QGIS, and then from some python console (NOT the internal one), I can try to load (and show!) a shapefile in current mapcanvas? Or pan/zoom? That would be cool for demonstrations...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde