[QGIS-Developer] Interaction API?

andrea antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 08:51:09 PDT 2021

Otherwise it is very well be possible to implement a "pipe" into QGIS / API
>> for QGIS using various techniques (maybe even expose iface and some nasty
>> "exec"ing :D ). E. g. check out
>> https://github.com/gem/oq-irmt-qgis/tree/qgis3-socketserver which uses
>> websockets.
>

> A socket server is exactly what I was thinking of. I did it a couple of
> times in the past (both a simple udp socket and an http server in another
> case)
> By the way I'm not sure it is worth it. Other solutions (through DB,
> files, whatever) might suffice.

Well, to be honest, for people in my line of work, who do
advanced environmental modelling outside QGIS, but then use QGIS to do the
GIS work, that would be something quite handy. But it is something that no
one would ever fund :-) So it boils down to what you say.

Cheers,
Andrea