[QGIS-Developer] Possibility to see what a 'Task' is doing (AND double blue taskbars...)

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Apr 24 23:46:25 PDT 2022

Hi,

Not sure if others share my experience, but I occasionally have a
'task'(?) running, showing the 'blue waiting bar' in my bottom screen,
(when (re)loading data in a plugin), taking several seconds. It is to me
not so clear what it taking so long, and there is also no
message/tooltip/sign somewhere around that blue bar.

Would it be an option/possibility to show (in messages or tooltip), what
QGIS is doing (in some general way: 'rendering', 'filtering', 'loading
data', 'processing' ....)?

Note: it is NOT QgsTask and it's bar I'm talking about. That is a nice
example, what I would like to see :-)  See screenshot.
I understand that it will not be possible to show a percentage for core
tasks like rendering/filtering etcetc, but at least some title would be
nice?

Others? Or am I the only one seeing the two 'task bars' (that is why I
added a screendump ;-) )

Thanks for any insight,

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde