[QGIS-Developer] Mineral exploration plugin for GSoC 22

Sandeepan Dhoundiyal dsandeepan995 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 19:53:33 PST 2022

Hello everyone,
I am a PhD student at IIT Bombay, working in planetary remote sensing and
mineral exploration.
I have been toying with the idea of building a mineral exploration plugin
for QGIS for a while. In December I got some valuable feedback on how to
start development on a QGIS plugin from the community, and have been
improving my ability to code since then. It has been a learning and
humbling experience. However, I believe that with guidance from the
community I can develop a plugin that would be of great benefit to the
mineral exploration community, particularly resource-constrained students.
As such, I would like to implement a QGIS plugin similar to the ArcSDM
toolbox for ArcGIS as part of GSoC '22. As I am rather new to developing
QGIS plugins, I would like to start early on working on this proposal, and
hopefully implement a small part of it as a prototype before submission.
I'll share an initial draft of the proposal by the end of the week, for
your comments.
Regards,
Sandeepan Dhoundiyal.