[QGIS-Developer] QGIS and Fedora: My tips

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Thu Jan 20 05:01:35 PST 2022

Hi Nyall

I just upgraded my laptop to fedora 35 last week. Will wait a few more
weeks before doing my desktop too. I will definitely do your
debuginfod tip. The file chooser, yes is irritating but I guess it is one I
will just live with for now since I have some flatpak apps and the fix
seems invasive. The inactive elements colouring hasnt really bothered me
till now so I guess I will keep trucking along.

One other funny thing I found is that the qscintilla library name was
changed to have an underscore rather than a hyphen e.g.

from

/usr/lib64/libqscintilla2-qt5.so

/usr/lib64/libqscintilla2_qt5.so

Otherwise the migration was very smooth. Are you running under wayland? I
am still using x11 because none of the video conferencing apps I use work
under wayland. Is there any particular benefit to using Wayland for QGIS
that I am missing out on?

Thanks for this!

Regards

Tim