[QGIS-Developer] Could anyone share the token setup for the backport bot?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Jun 8 13:04:18 PDT 2022

Hi Andrea,

I have opened a PR to make this more transparent, if you have a minute to
look over that would be great.
https://github.com/m-kuhn/backport/pull/21

Cheers
Matthias

On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 9:08 AM Andrea Aime via QGIS-Developer <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Think we figured that out, without a personal access token the workflows
> in the generated PRs would not be run.
>
> Cheers
> Andrea
>
> On Sun, Jun 5, 2022 at 4:54 PM Andrea Aime <andrea.aime at geo-solutions.it>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I'm trying to set the backport bot up again in the GeoServer project.
>> Seeing that you have it running, I copied over the set up, and indeed,
>> it seems to be working fine for us as well (thanks!).
>>
>> One difference still outstanding is the github token being used,
>> I've set up the common "secrets.GITHUB_TOKEN"
>> <https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/blob/main/.github/workflows/backport.yml#L18> but
>> I see QGIS
>> is using a customized one
>> <https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/.github/workflows/backport.yml#L18>
>> .
>>
>> I'm guessing a personal token associated with the
>> https://github.com/qgis-bot user,
>> probably set up in order to customize/restrict the set of actions
>> that the action can perform...
>>
>> Could anyone share the configuration of said token (privately I presume)?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andrea

 <https://qfield.org/get/>

QFIELD 2.0 IS HERE! - Hold the power of QGIS in
your hand - learn more
<https://www.opengis.ch/2022/04/05/qfield-2-0-is-here/> - get it now
<https://qfield.org/get>