[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Upgrade/Update Inquiry

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Oct 5 22:42:30 PDT 2022

Hi John,

For professional use we normally recommend the LTR releases (once they
become LTR after 4 months): 3.22 is now LTR, 3.28 will be LTR in
february next year. Every third release (3.22, 3.28, 3.34) will become
LTR 4 months after the initial release.

See also
https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/roadmap.html#release-schedule
--> look for the "Long-Term Repo" column.

.0 and partially also .1 releases are not recommended for production use
unless you are willing to take risks and/or want to help testing.

Helping testing is always appreciated. Ideally testing would be done
already with nightly builds before the releases.

Greetings,

Andreas

On 2022-10-06 04:37, John Bingco via QGIS-Developer wrote:

> Hey Alex,
>
> Sorry I forgot to respond to the first part of your email.
>
> The client currently uses version 3.16, are we good to install 3.26 or
> should we go to 3.22 LTR?
>
> Regards,
>
> John

Links: