[QGIS-Developer] Detect a Map Canvas Mouse Event

Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV Luke.A.Catania at erdc.dren.mil
Wed Apr 5 08:27:28 PDT 2023

Trying to get a map canvas event when canvas is clicked and mouse is dragged.  I have code that creates an empty layer, but I use the QGIS edit menu to add the actually layer.  I want to be able to track the mouse movement so I can calculated the area of the feature being drawn in real time so I can make sure the area is within a defined range.

Is there an event I can connect to so I can run my custom code when the even occurs?